Download Beginner Jive: International Style
In the Beginners Jive, we start off by teaching the single rhythm method using a four step count. The actual proper rhythm for Jive is called triple rhythm which uses an eight step count. In our classes we teach the steps in single rhythm first in order to make it very easy for beginner students to learn the dance. Once they are comfortable with the single rhythm, we will then progress and teach them the triple rhythm. This is exactly what is on our dvd as well.
This teaching video shows in complete detail all of the steps that we teach in our group classes at our Grand Ballroom. We took great effort to duplicate our method of teaching onto each video. The result is a video library that is the perfect complement to our in-class instruction.
Every variation is shown a number of times in expert detail and includes:
- Full description and demonstration of the step
- Front angle view and back angle view
- Man’s steps only with proper musical count
- Lady’s steps only with proper musical count
- Close up view of feet positions and foot work
- Proper technique of leading and following
- A simple routine that includes the variation
- Common faults and cures
- Dancing together with music
Duration: 45 min