Beginner Jive: International Style
In the Beginners Jive, we start off by teaching the single rhythm method using a four step count. The actual proper rhythm for Jive is called triple rhythm which uses an eight step count. In our classes we teach the steps in single rhythm first in order to make it very easy for beginner students to learn the dance. Once they are comfortable with the single rhythm, we will then progress and teach them the triple rhythm. This is exactly what is on our dvd as well.
Each DVD is a visual library of 100% of the steps that we teach in our group classes. We took great effort to duplicate our method of teaching onto each DVD. They are the perfect complement to our in-class instruction. A step list is included with each DVD. The best deal is to purchase the 6-DVD Beginners Collection.
Every variation is shown a number of times in expert detail and includes:
- Full description and demonstration of the step
- Front angle view and back angle view
- Man’s steps only with proper musical count
- Lady’s steps only with proper musical count
- Close up view of feet positions and foot work
- Proper technique of leading and following
- A simple routine that includes the variation
- Common faults and cures
- Dancing together with music
Duration: 45 min
Click here to see step list