Basic Technique for Latin and Standard Dances - 2 DVD set
(Our DVDs have no region codes and can be played on any dvd player. We can ship orders to any country in the world.)
Latin Technique DVD It is a video compilation of our 4 hour Basic Latin Technique class covering the Cha Cha, Rumba, and Samba.
The video will show in detail the following techniques:
- Proper body posture and alignment
- The technique of dancing the different chasses in Cha Cha
- A detailed description of the Rumba walk
- Leg action in Rumba and Cha Cha vs Samba
- Body rhythm and Cuban motion
- Rib cage and hip isolation movements
- Understanding the importance of musical count and beat values
- The difference in rhythm of the Samba basic, volta, walk, and bota fogo
Standard Technique DVD It covers all the fundamental techniques that are so important for dancing the standard dances- Waltz, Tango, Slow Foxtrot, and Quickstep.
Here is a summary of what is covered on the video:
- Proper body posture, body alignment, and body tone
- Detailed description and demonstration of the dance frame and dance hold
- The difference between closed dance position and promenade position
- The importance of using all body joints and proper footwork
- Comparing ‘Rise and Fall’ in Waltz and the other dances
- The ‘magic’ of two people moving fluidly as one
- ‘Lead and follow’ vs ‘Initiation and response’
- The principle of three body centres within each couple
- Demystifying the technique of Contra Body Movement and Contra Body Movement Position
- What is body swing and how do you get it?
The goal of the classes and these videos was not to teach steps (we have 40 plus videos that do that…), but to show our students and you the all-important techniques that make you dance easier, feel better, and of course, look great. Now who wouldn’t want that!
Total time of all 2 DVDs: 2 hours 35 minutes