Basic Technique for Standard Dances
Here is a summary of what is covered on the video:
- Proper body posture, body alignment, and body tone
- Detailed description and demonstration of the dance frame and dance hold
- The difference between closed dance position and promenade position
- The importance of using all body joints and proper footwork
- Comparing ‘Rise and Fall’ in Waltz and the other dances
- The ‘magic’ of two people moving fluidly as one
- ‘Lead and follow’ vs ‘Initiation and response’
- The principle of three body centres within each couple
- Demystifying the technique of Contra Body Movement and Contra Body Movement Position
- What is body swing and how do you get it?
Click here to see the Step list for Standard Technique.
Duration: 1 hr 10 min